Out of curiosity, why do you want/need to fork compilation in another
process?

I work on new Maven java compiler plugin implementation and from our
tests it is always preferable to run inside jvm from performance point
of view. Bugs in javac 6 annotation processing implementation is the
only reason we need to fork, so I am curious why you want to fork jdt
compiler.

Igor

On 2014-03-28, 12:39, Robert Fradette wrote:
I would like to specify using -D options on the maven command line to
have the Tycho compile plugin fork and use a specific JDK. Wondering if
anyone knows how to do this. Currently performing this task for standard
builds with the following command line to given an idea:

mvn  -Dmaven.compiler.fork=true
-Dmaven.compiler.forceJavaCompilerUse=true clean install

For a number of technical reasons we do not wish to modify existing pom
files to suite.

Thanks

Robert