Re: [tycho-user] Creating a Product and then updating via Update Site

So we share the symptom building the same product on different machines, that's reassuring.

The product does next to nothing: it gathers classical Eclipse features, adds a feature which just references a branding, and a product definition. No java code, no Eclipse extension.

As you suggest, I will try with a "raw" Kepler SR1, for instance the one for java, and see what happens when trying to update either JDT, either P2.

I tried with a "raw" "Eclipse Keper SR1 for Java Developer" ( eclipse-java-kepler-SR1-macosx-cocoa-x86_64.tar.gz ), and tried updating. Everything worked well.
Seems like we may be comparing oranges and apples, though, because Eclipse for java has only the product as root, and no other root feature...

I also updated the "my-ide" repo because there was a little typo in my-ide.p2.inf ( missing \ at the end of the next-to-last line), but there was no difference in the encountered problem.

I'm really starting to consider whether I'm on a dead-end road trying to get everything as a root feature, since it's a notion I barely understand, and p2 is still an impenetrable black box to me :-(

--
Laurent

Hello,

I think this is related to the update of P2 related features.
Here is what I did.

From a scratch build:

1) Update JDT -> restart fast -> update P2 -> update long
2) Update P2 -> restart long
3) Update JDT -> restart fast -> update everything else -> restart long

I don't know if this is related to your product, maybe testing the same with from Kepler SR1 fo Java will help.

Regards
Jeff