Re: [tycho-user] Newb question

Figured out my Eclipse build problem: I must have opened the projects
wrong or something. I recreated the dependencies in the pom and it
works fine now. The demo works fine!

BTW: Tried it in the new tycho version 0.20.0, works like a charm! For
the tycho stuff, can I define the version using something like this:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Dependency+Mediation+and+Conflict+Resolution#DependencyMediationandConflictResolution-DependencyVersionRanges
? When I tried it with: tycho-version=[0.19.0,) I get the error:
"Several versions of tycho plugins are configured [0.20.0, [0.19.0,)]"

ML.

On 10 March 2014 11:35, V. Mark Lehky <mark.lehky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I finally had a chance to try all this stuff out. Still have too
> many questions. :(
>
> I downloaded the demo from that HowTo. My first Q: what are the result
> of this build? Where does it go? How can I check that I configured
> everything right?
> The second problem: I am doing everything in Eclipse (Kepler). The mvn
> build from CLI passes just as the demo says it should. However,
> Eclipse build fails. I tried to clean the project, but still no go.
> For the build02, Eclipse is complaining "Missing artifact
> tycho.demo.itp02:pomfirst-bundle:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT" (same for the
> second jar). But I can see both of them in the correct target
> directory. Is this expected?
>
> TIA, ML.
>
> On 7 March 2014 15:56, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Tycho does not like pure Maven dependencies, it very much prefers OSGi
>> bundles and Eclipse artifacts from P2 repositories. This applies to both
>> projects that you build ("executor.jar" and "server.jar", in you case)
>> and artifacts available from remote Maven repositories. You need to
>> convert you pure-Maven projects and dependencies to OSGi bundles and
>> make them available from a P2 repository before you'll be able to use
>> them from eclipse-plugin projects.
>>
>> Usually I setup a separate project for my non-P2 stuff and use
>> maven-bundle-plugin to generate OSGi metadata for me, then use
>> pomDependencies=consider trick explain in [1] to make the "OSGi-ified"
>> artifacts visible to the Tycho build. You can see how this is setup in
>> m2e build, for example [2] (the pure-maven stuff is in m2e-maven-runtime
>> subdirectory).
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/How_Tos/Dependency_on_pom-first_artifacts
>> [2] http://git.eclipse.org/c/m2e/m2e-core.git/
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Igor
>>

>> On 2014-03-07, 18:37, V. Mark Lehky wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello all.
>>>
>>> I have an eclipse-plugin project that builds successfully using ant. I
>>> would like to move this project to Maven (plus do a little cleanup of
>>> the existing code); some Internet link pointed me towards Tycho.
>>> I have gone through the EclipseCon Tycho Tutorial, and that seems to
>>> be working fine for me. There is, however, one thing that is not clear
>>> to me: dependencies to other projects.
>>>
>>> My entire project consists of three Eclipse projects:
>>> 1. "executor.jar"
>>> 2. "server.jar"
>>> 3. and the plugin
>>>
>>> I have a parent pom.xml which lists the above three modules as:
>>> 1. packaging = jar
>>> 2. packaging = jar