From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Igor Fedorenko
Sent: Freitag, 28. Februar 2014 13:41
To: tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [tycho-user] Combine tycho-versions-plugin with tycho-buildtimestamp-jgit

Generally, I strongly advice against using different version formats for release and snapshot builds. It is okay to add qualifier suffix, like you appear to do, but anything else makes release and snapshot version not comparable and breaks upgrade scenarios between snapshot and release builds.

Having said that, it is possible to control format of version qualifier generated by tycho-packaging-plugin using <format> plugin configuration parameter. It takes java SimpleDateFormat string (default is
yyyyMMddHHmm) so you can add ${milestone.version} there if you really want.

I don't deploy Tycho artifacts to Maven repositories so I have no experience in this area. I think what you want requires changes to tycho-versions-plugin, new mojo that will generate versions based on project's configured timestamp provider. Should be relatively straightforward to implement and I can give you some pointers where to start on tycho-dev if you want to try.

Igor