Re: [tycho-user] Tycho recommended way for EMF code generation

On 02/18/2014 09:26 AM, Huijsmans, Martien wrote:
Questions.

1)      Am I correct that the 2 options above are the only 2 options?

Those 2 approaches are valid. There also used to be a "maven-emfgen-plugin" or some similar plugins existing to invoke EMF generation as part of a Maven build. Not sure how they interact with Tycho though.
One pitfall is that EMF generally generates the MANIFEST.MF, whereas Tycho requires MANIFEST to be already available.

2)      Is EMF code generation from an Ecore mode something that Tycho wants to support?

I think it's something that is indeed very interesting. Current solutions (using Generator application) are IMO already quite clean.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top