Re: [tycho-user] Creating a Product and then updating via Update Site

Hi Laurent,

With "inclusion points", Paul must have meant places where you include a feature into the end product. Naturally, this can be a product file, a p2.inf or a parent feature's feature.xml

As for the p2 IU namespaces, afaik all features belong to the "org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu" namespace. Basically, in p2 world everything is called an Installable Unit. Such a unit may be a feature, a plugin, a fragment etc. All IUs have to be named and in order to avoid collisions between similarly named features and plugins, namespaces were introduced.

I am not sure there is a good reference for namespaces, but you can take any content.{jar|xml} and look inside it. If you do that, be ware that features are usually composed of two IUs. The first one (*.feature.group) includes a list of dependencies, and the second one includes a jar file. You need the ones whose name ends with ".feature.group".

As for p2 version ranges, see slide 15 of this presentation: http://www.slideshare.net/PascalRapicault/dos-and-do-nots-about-p2

Kind regards,
Mikhail Kalkov