Re: [tycho-user] tycho-surefire and testng

>My question is:  Is there a way for me to run these TestNG tests?
>  Should I be able to run maven-surefire-plugin alongside the tycho-surefire-plugin and I'm just doing it wrong?

there is no support for testng right now.

>If not, how hard would it be to add support for TestNG to tycho-surefire?

I refactored the code some time ago so that other test framework providers can be plugged in via plexus components (without having to change tycho).

Not an easy task but should be possible. You can start by looking at the provider interface
http://git.eclipse.org/c/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho.git/tree/tycho-surefire/tycho-surefire-plugin/src/main/java/org/eclipse/tycho/surefire/provider/spi/TestFrameworkProvider.java

and existing JUnit implementations
http://git.eclipse.org/c/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho.git/tree/tycho-surefire/tycho-surefire-plugin/src/main/java/org/eclipse/tycho/surefire/provider/impl

plain surefire does have testng support so the task would be to plug the suefire testng jars into the forked OSGi test runtime and implement the provider interface.

Regards,
Jan

Back to the top