[tycho-user] p2 provisioning from DMG / changed file structure

Hey there,

we are discovering an issue enabling the p2 provisioning for the DMG file we have created.

We have the following setup:
We have configured a multi-platform tycho build. The provisioning of the exported product works fine for all platforms - BUT

THEN, we are using a shell script to create the dmg file.

This script is using a template.dmg file. I have to add, and this is the important part, that we are changing the file structure when running the shell script.

The dmg template contains the following file structure
application.app
---Contents
------Info.plist
------MacOS
---------application.app
---------application.ini
------Resources
---------Java
------------configuration
------------features
------------p2
------------plugins
------launcher.icns

whereas the exported product has the following, flat file structure:
-application
-application.app
-artifacts.xml
-configuration
-features
-p2
-plugins

Using the shell script, we are replacing the folders configuration, features, p2, plugins with the folders from our tycho-built product.
The info.plist File etc. are staying unchanged.

I believe the changes of the folder structure to be the problem, but I have no idea, how to fix this.
In our config.ini, we have the following parameters set:

org.eclipse.update.reconcile=false
eclipse.p2.profile=DefaultProfile
osgi.framework=file\:plugins/org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.2.v20130124-134944.jar
osgi.classloader.type=parallel
equinox.use.ds=true
osgi.bundles=reference\:file\:org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_1.0.301.v20120914-163612.jar@1\:start
osgi.configuration.area=@user.home/.ourproduct/configuration
p2.gathering=true
org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.configUrl=file\:org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info
eclipse.product=com.ourproduct.client.app.product
osgi.splashPath=platform\:/base/plugins/com.ourproduct.client.app
osgi.framework.extensions=
osgi.bundles.defaultStartLevel=4
eclipse.application=com.ourproduct.client.app.application
eclipse.p2.data.area=@config.dir/../p2

The features we want to update are not being downloaded to the defined folder @user.home/.ourproduct/
We are getting provisioning error code 10001.

Any idea would be appreciated!

Greetings from Cologne,
Sonja

Back to the top