Re: [tycho-user] Building large projects

On 2013-09-10 10:13, Mickael Istria wrote:
If you see a lot of time spent in resolving the target platform, you can
set up some p2 mirrors on local filesystem and enable them for Tycho via
settings.xml. See
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Target_Platform/Authentication_and_Mirrors. It
would replace all remote access to Nexus proxy by a filesystem access,
so it can save a lot of time.
For JBoss Tools, we also set up the concept of "unified" target platform
which avoids referencing too many sites from the target platform. This
unified target platform aggregate all the content of the various sites
we need, and put them in a single location. Having a single location
makes dependency resolution a bit faster.
Those possible improvements to target-platforms are explained here:
http://www.slideshare.net/mickaelistria/a-journey-with-target-platforms .

But there may be some other time-consuming operations. You'll need to
actually look at how build happens and find which operations that the
most time to figure out what can be improved.

Hi,

Picking up an old thread...

I tried setting up the target-platform-utils plugin to mirror a target platform as a p2 repo, but could not figure out how to specify the .target file name. This is what I tried:

			<plugin>
				<groupId>org.jboss.tools.tycho-plugins</groupId>
				<artifactId>target-platform-utils</artifactId>
				<version>0.19.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<id>create-mirror-repo</id>
						<phase>install</phase>
						<goals>
							<goal>mirror-target-to-repo</goal>
						</goals>
						<configuration>
							<targetFile>${basedir}/kepler.target</targetFile>
						</configuration>
					</execution>
				</executions>
			</plugin>

I search but couldn't find any documentation for this plugin.

/Jesper
--
*Jesper Eskilson* /Development Engineer/
IAR Systems AB

Back to the top