Re: [tycho-user] having Maven provision the eclipse target platform directly from a Maven repository

Hi,

> We followed the steps on that page and set Nexus up to provision our p2
> site; despite the fact that we have followed all the configurations
> carefully and are attempting to hit the p2 site from our target
> platform, it shows no content.  Is there an example?  Are there special
> settings in tycho?  We're publishing all the p2 content, so for each
> Eclipse artifact we build there is a p2artifacts.xml and p2metadata.xml
> file and the contents look clean.  It seems like the aggregator is not
> aggregating them?
>
> Thanks so much for any input, this is a key part of using Nexus for us!

The nexus p2 plugin is indeed not aggregating the tycho generated P2
data, but only what their generator produces from the JARs. So you will
also have to enable the meta data generator on the repository (I'm not
sure whether this will be useful, especially for features).

We do have a customized plugin which in-cooperates the tycho generated
descriptors - but I need to get approval for publishing first and have
some time to get it ready for release.

Also, note that you won't be able to pick individual plugins for the
target platform using this repository layout, but only features and as
Neil noted you have to disable categories to see any contents at all.

with best regards

Moritz

--
AgNO3 GmbH & Co. KG, Sitz Tübingen, Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRA 728731
Persönlich haftend: