Re: [tycho-user] dependencies of a Mojo on OSGi artifacts

AFAIK, it is very complicated to reference p2 repositories from a Maven build. If your artifacts should be usable from a Maven build, you need to deploy them to a Maven repository.

Regards

Tobias

From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Henrik
Sent: Dienstag, 19. November 2013 11:09
To: Tycho user list
Subject: [tycho-user] dependencies of a Mojo on OSGi artifacts

Hi,

part of the eTrice project is a code generator which is an OSGi bundle but can also run in a non-OSGi environment.
Of course it depends on other bundles but also they don't require an OSGi runtime.

So I've created a Mojo that wraps the generator and that can participate in the generate-sources life cycle phase.

I've been able to build and deploy all bundles and the Mojo from our HIPP instance [1].
The artifacts can be found on repo.eclipse.org.

All this works since Tycho is accessing the p2 repositories of download.eclipse.org during the build.

When I'm calling the Mojo now from a local build process the dependencies aren't resolved since the p2 repositories can't be accessed:
[WARNING] Could not transfer metadata com.google.guava:guava/maven-metadata.xml from/to eclipse (http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler): No connector available to access repository eclipse (http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler) of type p2 using the available factories AsyncRepositoryConnectorFactory, WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory

How can I make p2 accessible for dependency resolution in a non-OSGi context?

Thanks,
Henrik

[1] https://hudson.eclipse.org/etrice/job/etrice-maven3/

Back to the top