Re: [tycho-user] WAR-packaged project depending on JAR from p2 repo?

If you take a regular POM (JAR,WAR,...) and add Tycho extensions plus add a p2 repo to Maven repositories, then it should be able to resolve one of the dependencies against this repo.
But I looked at the code of the P2 layout maven repository and it seems it is not implemented so it's like the p2 layout is a fake Maven repository just here to allow configuration of P2 repositories for Tycho in the Maven way.

Jeff

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jeff,

> Is the dependency produced by your staff or is it on an external P2
> repository ?

Both. ;-)

It's hosted outside our organization but produced by an Open Source
project I am a committer for: Eclipse Code Recommenders. Here's the p2
repo: <http://download.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/stable/>.

While we also populate a Maven repo at repo.eclipse.org, it only hosts
SNAPSHOTs (because of the .qualifier <=> SNAPSHOT issue). Moreover,
repo.eclipse.org deletes SNAPSHOTS after 30 days. So the only long-term
storage of the bundles produced by Eclipse Code Recommenders (which our
WAR has to consume) is its p2 update site.

Hope this clarifies our setup a bit.

Andreas

--
Codetrails UG (haftungsbeschränkt)