Re: [tycho-user] Antwort: Re: Target Platform best practice for "parentless" modules

On 11/15/2013 09:19 AM, Andreas Schilling wrote:
Let's see whether we find a nice intermediate solution which we then can migrate to the new world when nexus is available...
If you don't have a Maven nexus, just be aware that using "mvn install" on a target platform will make it available in the local Maven repo, and that all builds running on the same Maven repo will be able to reference this target-platform. This is not as sustainable as Nexus, but it can be a nice workaround for now.
Concerning "more modularization": wouldn't it be a good idea then to cut out the bundles which are needed by the shared framework into an own p2 repo, which then becomes the TP of the framework.
The application specific TP is then what's left after cutting that out and in the build we reference two p2 repos: the one of the framework and the application specific one? To me this sounds pretty nice because that way we're also more in control what bundles our framework is built against (currently everyone can change them as he likes, because the application TP is also the TP for the framework, so choosing incompatible versions of the dependencies can happen pretty easily if one thinks "hey, lets just use the latest fuzz" or also "version 0.1 should be enough for everyone, even when 2.0 is out already!")

That sounds like a good approach for your use-case.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top