[tycho-user] Obtaining sources from p2 repository during bundle dependency resolving.

Hello,
First of all I must say that tycho is great and you've made a lot of work.

I am trying to run a jenkins build on a project that has a core part which has its p2 update site and a customer site that is using the core update site to build itself.

All the dependencies are in Manifests so tycho is building the project and downloading all the required bundles from the core p2 update site. On this core update site there are source bundles generated by tycho-source-plugin and packed to features with tycho-source-feature-plugin.

The catch comes on the customer build because I need to get the source plugins from the update site too. (javadoc)

I was very surprised that maven-dependency-plugin works well with tycho. See attached code:

			<execution>
				<id>unpack-sources</id>
				<phase>package</phase>
				<goals>
					<goal>unpack-dependencies</goal>
				</goals>
				<configuration>
				   <classifier>sources</classifier>
				   <includeGroupIds>coreProject,customerProject</includeGroupIds>
				   <outputDirectory>../../temp</outputDirectory>
				</configuration>
			 </execution>

This unpacks properly all the source generated by tycho-source-plugin from customerProject to the temp location. But it doesn't copy the coreProject because the core sources are not downloaded from the update site. So i thought maybe the source target will work but unfortunately it doesn't it looks just to the m2 repository...

			<execution>
				<id>download-sources</id>
				<phase>generate-sources</phase>
				<goals>
				   <goal>sources</goal>
				</goals>
				<configuration>
					<classifier>sources</classifier>
					<includeGroupIds>coreProject</includeGroupIds>
				</configuration>
			 </execution>

My question is - is there some easy way how to download the source plugins from the update site? Or do they have to be referenced as optional dependencies in Manifests?

Thanks in advance for any hints.

With kind regards
Ondrej Kouba
skype:sandcreww