From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andreas Sewe
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:09 AM
To: tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [tycho-user] framework extension bundle and rt.jar versus tools.jar

Hi Justin,

> I have a framework extension bundle project in my reactor, and it
> exports packages from rt.jar (like javax.swing.plaf.swing) and
> packages from tools.jar (like com.sun.javadoc).

FWIW, we describe an alternative to a framework extension bundle  on our blog [1]; we recently came across this technique

  Bundle-ClassPath: external:$java.home$/../lib/tools.jar
  Export-Package: com.sun.javadoc, ...

and are quite happy with it. Can you please elaborate some more on your framework extension solution? Patrick, a GSoC student, who came up with the above solution for his project might be interested in it.

> Is it a compiler classpath problem?

That being said, at compile time you still have to use <extraClasspathElements> (also explained in the blog post).

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1] <http://www.codetrails.com/blog/osgi-ify-your-tools-jar>

--