Re: [tycho-user] Creation of composite p2 repository

Why do you need Tycho for that?

It's just 2 nearly-identical XML files listing child URLs, using relative paths or absolute http/https URLs. They're really easy to create and maintain.

Just be sure to update the timestamp (`date +%s000`) each time you change the composite*.xml files so that Eclipse will disregard the last cached version and will re-check all the child sites for new metadata.

You might also want to add a p2.index [0] file, as shown in this example [1], for better server performance.

[0] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/p2_index
[1] http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/kepler/extras/4.30.5/

HTH,

Nick