Re: [tycho-user] Bundling JREs with my Product

Hi all,
I've tried the approach mentioned in the blog article, posted some
mails ago. This one:
http://codeiseasy.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/including-a-jre-in-a-tycho-build/
Therefore I've created the main feature including the optional ones
specific for every operating system configuration (macosx 64bit, linux
32/64bit and windows 32/64bit). I've used the solution with p2.inf
file, hoping this will allow to update smoothly the JRE in the future.
In my build.properties I've included the jre folder (already
exploded). And my final product eclipse.ini will have the vm
installation specified with the -vm flag pointing to the correct
feature subfolder.

The problem is that in the final produced product the jre folder
inside the dedicated feature does not have the original permissions.
This is not a problem for Windows but for Linux and Mac OS X, not
having executable flags for the files contained in the bin subfolders
lead to not recognize the JRE installation as valid.
By the way I'm building on Mac OS X 10.7.4, but I also tried in Linux
Mint 15 Oliva.

Did anyone experienced a similar problem?
Doug the solution you use with generate-resource phase, does it keep
the permissions?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Massimo.