Re: [tycho-user] tycho-user Digest, Vol 34, Issue 31

Hi Dan

I'm using https://github.com/andriusvelykis/pde-target-maven-plugin/ and it's great. In my target project (pom packaging type eclipse-target-definition) I have added the "add-pom-dependencies" build step. This just adds the pom dependencies to a copy of the *.target file - and this is the target file I'm activating in PDE.

If I'm changing something in the pom dependencies, I have to do "mvn clean verify" in the target sub-project so that the pom dependencies get updated in the *.target file (this is quite fast). Then, in the pde preferences I have to reload the target (can be slow, depending). This works very well for me.

One other thing I like in this setup is: If you need source for the pom dependencies, you can click the "change attached source" button (or something similar) and change the line ~/.m2/....../xy-library.jar to ~/.m2/....../xy-library-sources.jar and there you are. This is assuming you downloaded sources in the first place (which is a pure maven thing).

Regards,
Peter