Re: [tycho-user] Eclipse Equinox bundle needs Maven dependencies

You can consume a Maven build in tycho by using <considerPomDependencies>true</considerPomDependencies> in the Maven build itself. However, PDE won't know about those bundles which might make it difficult if they are compile time (as opposed to run-time) dependencies.

In order to build in PDE and depend on Maven-acquired resources, you'll need to create a target platform that consists of those bundles and point PDE to it. Alternatively, download the bundles and make them available as local PDE projects (File -> Import -> Plug-in development -> Plug-ins and fragments).

Finally you can always install the bundles into the running Eclipse runtime. If you install pax-mvn you can then go into the host OSGi console and type 'install mvn:groupid:artifactid:version' and have it that way. However, you'll need to do this each time Eclipse starts which makes it less practical.

Alex