From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom Ku
Sent: Donnerstag, 20. Juni 2013 15:14
To: tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tycho-user] Tycho fatal error caused by graphiti 0.8.2 p2 repository

Hello all,

I've got a problem with a tycho plugin build. We're using tycho 0.16.0 and maven 3.0.3. Out setup contains 3 p2 repositories
* http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.8
* http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno
* http://archive.eclipse.org/graphiti/updates/0.8.2
We use this tycho version, the juno and Eclipse 3.8 updatesites/repositories (with exclusion for E4 plugins) and the old graphiti updatesite for Eclipse 3.8 compatibility reasons.
When building a plugin which needs the graphity plugins, the following output appears
[INFO] Fetching 0.8.2 from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/graphiti/updates/0.8.2/&protocol=http&format=xml&countryCode=us&timeZone=1&format=xml (0B of 2,88kB at 0B/s)
[Fatal Error] &protocol=http&format=xml&countryCode=us&timeZone=1&format=xml:5:3: The element type "META" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</META>".
[INFO] Fetching org.eclipse.graphiti.ui_0.8.2.v20120215-0845.jar from http://archive.eclipse.org/graphiti/updates/0.8.2/plugins/ (0B of 591,39kB at 0B/s)
[INFO] 1 operation remaining.
[INFO] Fetching org.eclipse.graphiti.ui_0.8.2.v20120215-0845.jar from http://archive.eclipse.org/graphiti/updates/0.8.2/plugins/ (4kB of 591,39kB at 0B/s)
[INFO] Fetching org.eclipse.graphiti.ui_0.8.2.v20120215-0845.jar from http://archive.eclipse.org/graphiti/updates/0.8.2/plugins/ (467,39kB of 591,39kB at 463,39kB/s)
[INFO] Downloading org.eclipse.graphiti.mm
[INFO] Fetching 0.8.2 from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/graphiti/updates/0.8.2/&protocol=http&format=xml&countryCode=us&timeZone=1&format=xml (0B of 2,88kB at 0B/s)
[Fatal Error] &protocol=http&format=xml&countryCode=us&timeZone=1&format=xml:5:3: The element type "META" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</META>".
[INFO] Fetching org.eclipse.graphiti.mm_0.8.2.v20120215-0845.jar from http://archive.eclipse.org/graphiti/updates/0.8.2/plugins/ (0B of 189,59kB at 0B/s)
[INFO] 1 operation remaining.
[INFO] Fetching org.eclipse.graphiti.mm_0.8.2.v20120215-0845.jar from http://archive.eclipse.org/graphiti/updates/0.8.2/plugins/ (4kB of 189,59kB at 0B/s)
[INFO] Downloading org.eclipse.graphiti
[INFO] Fetching 0.8.2 from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/graphiti/updates/0.8.2/&protocol=http&format=xml&countryCode=us&timeZone=1&format=xml (0B of 2,88kB at 0B/s)
[Fatal Error] &protocol=http&format=xml&countryCode=us&timeZone=1&format=xml:5:3: The element type "META" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</META>".
[INFO] Fetching org.eclipse.graphiti_0.8.2.v20120215-0845.jar from http://archive.eclipse.org/graphiti/updates/0.8.2/plugins/ (0B of 287,96kB at 0B/s)
[INFO] 1 operation remaining.
[INFO] Fetching org.eclipse.graphiti_0.8.2.v20120215-0845.jar from http://archive.eclipse.org/graphiti/updates/0.8.2/plugins/ (4kB of 287,96kB at 0B/s)
[INFO] Fetching org.eclipse.graphiti_0.8.2.v20120215-0845.jar from http://archive.eclipse.org/graphiti/updates/0.8.2/plugins/ (163,96kB of 287,96kB at 159,96kB/s)

[...]

Jun 20, 2013 2:17:56 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection releaseConnection
WARNING: HttpConnectionManager is null.  Connection cannot be released.
Jun 20, 2013 2:17:56 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection releaseConnection
WARNING: HttpConnectionManager is null.  Connection cannot be released.
Jun 20, 2013 2:17:56 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection releaseConnection
WARNING: HttpConnectionManager is null.  Connection cannot be released.

At the end the build hangs till enternity. We tried out several alternatives: a local hosted grahiti p2 repo, changing the order of the p2 repo definitions. Nothing was successful because the Eclipse mirror link http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/graphiti/updates/0.8.2/ was always used and we can't remove it because we need the juno repository. I posted the same on the graphiti forums. There's no answer yet.

Can the missing closed META-TAG result in that error and could you probably add this missing tag to the p2 repository http://archive.eclipse.org/graphiti/updates/0.8.2
Or is there a chance to be able to block the p2 repository http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/graphiti/updates/0.8.2/ that this not happens anymore?
Thanks very much for help.

Thomas K.