Re: [tycho-user] Side-effects of using "mvn clean verify" over "mvn clean install"

Hi all,

Your understanding is correct: In the install phase, Tycho does what a Maven build is supposed to do: put the locally built stuff in the local Maven repository so that subsequent builds can use it. This is mostly used for certain local build scenarios, e.g. if you first build a project completely, and then only build parts of it. If you anyway always build everything at once, you really shouldn't use install (for the same reason as in plain Maven).

Or, you simply configure tycho.localArtifacts=ignore in your settings.xml to have all builds completely ignore locally built and installed artifacts.

Regards
Tobias