Re: [tycho-user] Testing p2 repositories

On 05/30/2013 07:11 PM, Robert Gründler wrote:
i'm wondering if there's a way to check the integrity of a generated p2 repository.
My use case is the following:
I'm generating an aggregated p2 repo, which is available here: http://p2-dev.pdt-extensions.org
However, sometimes single features cannot be installed due to a dependency problem - features which have been installable before without issues.

Now i'd like to run some checks if all features can be installed from this repository prior to publishing the new version of the repo.
Is there a way to do this?
For JBoss Tools, we're testing integrity of our sites with a SWTBot routine+Groovy script which takes an Eclipse installation as input, an update-site URL, and then it install everything on the site ("Select All") and reports whether it works or not.
All the stuff is here: https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-install-grinder but the necessary delivery is available on JBoss Nexus. If you're interested, I can add a README.md describing basic usage.

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat