Re: [tycho-user] Fwd: Re: tycho 0.18.0 re-staged

> But if I add a LOCAL repo using file:///, the build's fine.

This seems to be some magic hidden deeply within p2's org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.updatesite.artifact.UpdateSiteArtifactRepositoryFactory (bundle org.eclipse.equinox.p2.updatesite). I don't know if anyone really wants to understand this...

For the most common case, an old-style update site at an http location, I added an example how to convert that site into a proper p2 repository [1].

Regards
Tobias

P.S.: p2 doesn't have a distinction between snapshots and releases, so the <snapshots> and <releases> tags are ignored for layout p2 repositories. Better delete obsolete configuration as soon as possible (before it is copied to a bazillion other places...).

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Additional_Tools#publish-features-and-bundles_goal