Re: [tycho-user] Issue building fragments included in another maven module

Impossible to tell for sure without looking at complete example, but
generally project directory structure should not affect inter-module
dependency resolution, i.e. you should be able to move modules around as
long as bundle symbolic names don't change and all modules are still
referenced through maven aggregation.

Igor

On 2013-05-10 5:58 AM, Aurélien Pupier wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently trying to build with Tycho 0.17.0 some fragments.
With the following structure, it doesn't work:
parentModule
| - pom.xml
| - folder1
      | - pom.xml
      | - myHostPlugin
            | - pom.xml
| - folder2
      | - pom.xml
      | - myFragment
            | - pom.xml

I end up with this kind of error:
[ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:
[ERROR]   Software being installed: myFragment 6.0.0.qualifier
[ERROR]   Missing requirement: myHostPlugin 6.0.0.qualifier requires
'bundle org.eclipse.ui.ide 0.0.0' but it could not be found
[ERROR]   Cannot satisfy dependency: myFragment  6.0.0.qualifier depends
on: bundle myHostPlugin  6.0.0
[ERROR]

With the following structure it works (and slightly adapt the pom to
have the correct parent):
parentModule
| - pom.xml
| - folder1
      | - pom.xml
      | - myHostPlugin
            | - pom.xml
      | - myFragment
            | - pom.xml

I really want to keept the first structure.
Did I misconfigure something? Did I hit a limitation of Tycho? Does
fragment require to be in the same parent module?

regards,

--

Aurelien Pupier
R&D Engineer, BOS Studio Development Leader

BonitaSoft - Open your processes <http://www.bonitasoft.com/>
email : aurelien.pupier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:aurelien.pupier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This message and any attachment (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message by
mistake, please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Any use not
in accordance with its purpose, any out-spread or disclosure, either as
a whole or partially, is prohibited except with formal approval.
Internet cannot guarantee the integrity of this message, therefore
BonitaSoft will not be liable for the message if modified.