Re: [tycho-user] File locking exception

Thanks Jan.

It looks like it was my system hiccup. The issue went away after system restart.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Sievers" <jan.sievers@xxxxxxx>
To: "Tycho user list" <tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 3:07:47 PM
Subject: Re: [tycho-user] File locking exception

tycho is using file locks to protect multi-process read/write access to shared files like

- index files in the local maven repo
- nested OSGi jars extracted for compilation in the local maven repo

would be interesting to see the full debug log and stack trace (maven options -X -e).
If the lock times out it means another process is currently holding it and did not release it for more than 10 seconds.

On Linux, I think that

lsof <file>

should give you the process currently locking the file.

Regards,
Jan