Re: [tycho-user] Can Tycho Compute target platform from local files instead of using nexus?

On 04/24/2013 10:22 PM, Peter Kahn wrote:
Hi all,

We integrated tycho into a larger maven build.  Each time we build tycho starts "Computing target platform for MavenProject" and spends a minute chatting with our nexus p2 repository.  I'd like to configure tycho so it works similar to m2 snapshots and only checks nexus if the local p2 repository lacks files or once per day.

Is there a way to configur tycho to compute it's platform from $HOME/.m2/repository/p2 instead of the more remote nexus repository?
It's not exactly an answer to your question, but if the final goal is to speed up build, you can have some local mirrors of your repositories on your machine which runs the build, and use repository mirrors to use local repo (file:/...) instead of remote ones (http://...).http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Target_Platform/Authentication_and_Mirrors
That's a good way to save time, however it intriduces some additional efforts in maintaining local sites (sync them up with remotes one when necessary) and the settings.xml file.

HTH
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat