[tycho-user] SNAPSHOT in update site is not updated

Hi,

We are building an update site for the Sonar plugin and we have a dependency on another pom first artifact that is currently a SNAPSHOT. This artifact is built locally and then the Sonar Eclipse project is built.

As a result we ended with a plugin named artifact-X.Y.Z.SNAPSHOT.jar in the update site. Once installed in Eclipse, there is no way to update it. Even if we rebuild the artifact then rebuild Sonar Eclipse, the plugin always has the same version artifact-X.Y.Z.SNAPSHOT.jar so when doing a check for update in Eclipse it is not updated.

Is there a solution to tell Tycho to replace every .SNAPSHOT by a unique timestamp when creating the update site?

Thanks

Julien

Back to the top