Re: [tycho-user] Multi-project dependencies problem

On 04/11/2013 05:19 PM, Mezzano Tanguy wrote:

Hello,

Hi,

1.       We’ve created an Aggregator project (which is the parent of all pom files), a repository project containing our product file, a feature project containing our unique feature and a target project containing our target definition file. After a eclipse:eclipse goal we get a lot of referenced librairies above the one defined in the pom.xml which seem to duplicate with the Plugin Librairies.

eclipse:eclipse is bad and deprecated. Instead, you should install m2e and tycho-m2e-connector in your Eclipse and use "Import as Maven projects".

2.       One project is failing maven’s compilation because maven doesn’t seem to find the referenced library for logging which has been downloaded and added to the .classpath after the eclipse:eclipse goal, no errors are shown in Eclipse but maven still fails.

Maven will only see this dependency if it's correctly defined in your build.properties and MANIFEST.MF. If the jar is not in your source tree, you need to make sure it's retrieve before Tycho runs the compilation. A correct phase for retrieving necessary files before compilation is "generate-resources".

Also, you should avoid defining dependencies in your pom.xml. Most libs I see you're using can be directly consumed as regualar OSGi bundles from Orbit project: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20130308121626/ . You should add the Orbit repo to your target-platform or repositories so Tycho will use it to resolve some bundles.

HTH
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat