Re: [tycho-user] Custom qualifiers for release versions (rc1, rc2, rc3, ...)

AFAIK, setting strictVersions=false breaks the build in subtle ways. The reason why we introduced the strict version check is that there are/were too many places in the Tycho code where the assumption that versions match was made. At the time, the effort for fixing this was deemed not worth the benefit. And you probably didn't want to propose to fix the basic problems, right?

Still, I would not be opposed to also just fixing a small fraction of the semi-supported strictVersions=false feature, as long as it doesn't break the main use cases. http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Contributor_Guide explains how to make contributions.

Regards
Tobias