Re: [tycho-user] Build a feature when license URL is used

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Paul Webster <pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to build a feature by itself, but all of our features use the licenseURL.  http://git.eclipse.org/c/equinox/rt.equinox.framework.git/tree/features/org.eclipse.equinox.executable.feature/feature.xml#n6

In our main build everything works fine as the license feature is built in the same reactor as the other features.  In this case, I only have a local git repo, not the entire set of (25) repos.

Is there anything I can do to pick up the license feature?  I tried installing it in my local maven repo, but it isn't picked up from there.

point your local build at a p2 repository (on Hudson, Nexus, local) having this feature:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>license</id>
      <layout>p2</layout>
      <url>url of the p2 repo</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

if you need different URLs for local/central build you can use a Maven property
to define that from outside the build

  <properties>
    <license-p2-repo>default url for p2 repo</license-p2-repo>
  </properties>

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>license</id>
      <layout>p2</layout>
      <url>${license-p2-repo}</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

you can override the default like that:

we use that to point the egit build to jgit's p2 repository which is deployed to Nexus by the jgit hudson build.
Using the Nexus unzip plugin the p2 repository can be accessed as shown above.
For local builds we use a file:// url.

--
Matthias

Back to the top