[tycho-user] question about importing JDK packages

Looking at the execution environment stuff I feel like I have something in my build environment that I should be able to get rid of. We started our OSGi environment in PDE, and to satisfy imports on JDK packages we wrote a couple of bnd files to make bundle jars out of a few of the jar files in the jre/lib from our JDK, and then we put those jar files in our thirdparty P2 repo. This seems like a hack that we shouldn’t have to undertake and I’d like to get rid of it. But if I remove them from our thirdparty P2 repo then the maven validation goal fails to resolve these imports. I have the executionEnvironmentDefault set globally in the tycho-platform-configuration _and_ I have the Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment in our plugin manifest.mf files. My POM file has this

                <repository>
                    <id>eclipse.platform</id>
                    <layout>p2</layout>
                    <url>http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.2-M-builds</url>
                </repository>
                <repository>
                    <id>eclipse.e4.tools</id>
                    <layout>p2</layout>
                    <url>http://download.eclipse.org/e4/updates</url>
                </repository>

When I build without the bnd modified JRE libs, it fails with this

org.apache.maven.InternalErrorException: Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: "No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable.": ["Unable to satisfy dependency from com.lgc.dsp-core 10.0.0.qualifier to package com.sun.management 0.0.0.", "Unable to satisfy dependency from com.lgc.mosaic 10.0.0.qualifier to package com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows 0.0.0.", "Unable to satisfy dependency from com.lgc.owsw 10.0.0.qualifier to package com.sun.javadoc 0.0.0.", "Unable to satisfy dependency from com.lgc.owsw 10.0.0.qualifier to package com.sun.tools.javadoc 0.0.0.", "Unable to satisfy dependency from com.lgc.studio 10.0.0.qualifier to package com.sun.image.codec.jpeg 0.0.0.", "Unable to satisfy dependency from com.lgc.swingtools 10.0.0.qualifier to package com.sun.java.swing.plaf.motif 0.0.0.", "Unable to satisfy dependency from com.lgc.swingtools 10.0.0.qualifier to package com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows 0.0.0.", "Unable to satisfy dependency from com.lgc.swingtools 10.0.0.qualifier to package com.sun.management 0.0.0.", "Unable to satisfy dependency from com.lgc.vizframework 10.0.0.qualifier to package com.sun.management 0.0.0.", "No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable."]

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Back to the top