How can I achieve to get the fragments packaged too?
At the moment I only see the possibility to switch back.
Perhaps I miss something out.

Am 20.03.2013 16:14, schrieb Justin Georgeson:
The problem I ran into with specifying all the platform environments is that if I was on linux building a reactor which included the native fragment bundles it would fail on the windows fragments because the platform filter for those fragments (windows) didn't apply to the OS (linux).

-----Original Message-----
From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christian Schulz
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:10 AM
To: Tycho user list
Subject: Re: [tycho-user] How to build plugin-based products with platform-specific fragments?

Hello Justin,

thanks for the explaination.
In my case the SWT fragments are missing.

The plugin based way was easy with including all plugins and relation to the os/ws.
But it isn't the recommened way. So I switched to the feature based product, because it should handle all on it own with a valid environment configuration in the pom.xml.
I have following configuration for the environments:

<plugin>
                  <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
<artifactId>target-platform-configuration</artifactId>
                  <version>${tycho.version}</version>
                  <configuration>
                      <resolver>p2</resolver> <pomDependencies>consider</pomDependencies>
                      <environments>
                          <environment>
                              <os>linux</os>
                              <ws>gtk</ws>
                              <arch>x86</arch>
                          </environment>
                  </configuration>
</plugin>

I thought it is enough to define something like that and tycho will use the fragments, whcih are needed by the environment.
But it seems not to work.

In general I got some problems with the feature based product.
I got after successful build following exception:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench"
could not be found in the registry

I had to include as dependency org.eclipse.ui.ide.application. I don't know why, but it works after it.

Perhaps I have something wrong in the tycho configuration or similar.

Cheers,

Chris