Re: [tycho-user] Strange behavior with P2 and Feature using bundles from maven central

Forgot to say that I'm using staged 0.17.0

On 18/03/13 16:07, Chris Hawk wrote:
Hello,

I'm creating a feature to concentrate dependencies from my plugins. In the feature.xml I added this:

   <plugin
         id="com.ctc.wstx"
         download-size="0"
         install-size="0"
         version="0.0.0"/>
   <plugin
         id="com.sun.xml.bind.extra"
         download-size="0"
         install-size="0"
         version="0.0.0"/>

   <plugin
         id="com.sun.xml.bind"
         download-size="0"
         install-size="0"
         version="0.0.0"/>

In first build I don't add those 3 dependencies I got an error building the feature:
[ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:
[ERROR] Software being installed: org.mine.osgi.equinox.features.core.feature.group 0.0.3.qualifier [ERROR] Missing requirement: org.mine.osgi.equinox.features.core.feature.group 0.0.3.qualifier requires 'com.sun.xml.bind.extra 0.0.0' but it could not be found [ERROR]

To correct the build I add these deps in the feature's POM:
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.ctc.wstx</groupId>
            <artifactId>woodstox-osgi</artifactId>
            <version>3.2.1.1</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.sun.xml.bind</groupId>
            <artifactId>jaxb-extra-osgi</artifactId>
            <version>2.2.7-b61</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.sun.xml.bind</groupId>
            <artifactId>jaxb-osgi</artifactId>
            <version>2.2.7-b61</version>
        </dependency>

As you could note, the symbolic names is different from the jars names.
I added the feature into a P2 category and I'm using only one p2 repository: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler/ .

The build is being performed without error now.

But the problem is that only 2 of the 3 jars that I've specified is in the generated p2 and with different jar names and the woodstox-osgi is not there and not even one with same symbolic name:

com.sun.xml.bind_2.2.7.jar
com.sun.xml.bind.extra_2.2.7.jar

Could someone please point me what I'm missing here? Is this a bug?

thanks,

Chris