Re: [tycho-user] Handling non-osgi jar files

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 08:31:07AM +0000, Sievers, Jan wrote:
we have used maven-bundle-plugin [1]
with Embed-Dependency directive (-> no nested jars)

IMHO the only semi-sane way to generate OSGi MANIFESTs based on 3rd party binaries.

*but* if multiple projects does this with their own customzation under the same bundleId names things
gets messy very fast.

this is why I prefer to still use nested jars to avoid polluting the eclipse ecosystem with osgi bundles that aren't own by me.

...of course if you add your own custom prefix in front of the bundle all is good - still a mess but a smaller mess ;)
/max

build your OSGi wrappers in a separate ("orbit"-like) reactor and then use pomDependencies=consider to consume them[2].
For convenience in PDE you may also build an eclipse-repository out of these.

Regards
Jan

[1] http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/How_Tos/Dependency_on_pom-first_artifacts