Re: [tycho-user] tycho compiler optimization

String concatenations are typically a JIT optimization that are not done at compile time, but at runtime. Thus, the compiler used by tycho, whether jdt or Hotspot should not affect runtime performance. For example, when using Hotspot, the optimization option does absolutely nothing. I suspect that JDT does something similar (maybe it reduces the size of the .class files though).

Stephane