Re: [tycho-user] Rootfiles with different line endings for different environments?

what about README.html instead?

Jan

-----Original Message-----
From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andreas Sewe
Sent: Donnerstag, 7. März 2013 14:50
To: Tycho user list
Subject: [tycho-user] Rootfiles with different line endings for different environments?

Hi,

pardon me if this is not entirely a Tycho question, but the answer to it
should be somewhere in the p2-Maven continuum, so I hope it's
appropriate here:

I have a Tycho-based in which I include a README.txt rootfile into one
of my features. From there it goes into the final product.

  root=rootfiles
  root.win32.win32.x86=rootfiles.win32

Now, the README.txt should use different line endings, depending on
whether it goes into the Windows or Linux product. Is there a way to do
this either which p2 magic (I looked at touchpoints already, but
couldn't find a "unix2dos" one) or the appropriate Maven plugin (The
m-antrun-plugin with the <fixcrlf> task comes to mind here)? Having an
almost identical README.txt in both rootfiles and rootfiles.win32 seems
stupid to me.

Best wishes,

Andreas
--
Codetrails.com - the knowledge transfer company