From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bernd.Vogt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Dienstag, 19. Februar 2013 11:04
To: tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [tycho-user] How to perform a heap dump before tests are killed after ${surefire.timeout}?

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, we don't have OOM errors but deadlocks! So -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError won't take effect here.

In case of a deadlock, the test jvm is killed from outside by Tychos TestMojo after a specified period of time (${surefire.timeout}). Now we need the ability to get the JVM to produce a heap dump befor it's killed by Tycho.

To do this, it would be nice to be able to specify a command line which is executed before the test process is killed. So, we could use jmap to perform the heap dump. If this is an appropriate feature for Tycho? I'll open a bugzilla for it. I'm also happy about any other solution...

Thanks,
Bernd