[tycho-user] How to perform a heap dump before tests are killed after ${surefire.timeout}?

Hello,

we have problems with several non-deterministic unit tests. From time to time some tests remain stuck and are killed after ${surefire.timeout}. We believe that the cause is a classical deadlock within our code. But to analyze the actual problem, we need a heap dump from the test jvm before it gets killed by Tycho.

To do this, it would be nice to be able to specified a command line which is executed before the test process is killed. So, we could use jmap to perform the heap dump :)

Is this an appropriate feature for Tycho? If yes I'll open a bugzilla for it.

Is there any other appropriate solution to perform a heap dump before the test jvm is killed from outside?

Best regards

Bernd Vogt

Back to the top