[tycho-user] Dependency issue with org.eclipse.swt when building RAP-Scout feature with Tycho

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a RAP 2.0 or a Tycho issue but I guess it's related to RAP 2.0 since the Tycho build was working correctly with RAP 1.5. Anyway, somebody might have solved a similar problem already.

I have RAP-Scout feature (org.eclipse.scout.rt.rap) that depends on the features  org.eclipse.rap.feature and org.eclipse.scout.rt.

In the feature org.eclipse.rap.feature there's a bundle org.eclipse.rap.rwt which exports the package org.eclipse.swt.

Inside the feature org.eclipse.scout.rt there's a fragment *swt.fragment requiring the bundle org.eclipse.swt as a dependency. This bundle does also export a package org.eclipse.swt.

When building the RAP-Scout feature with Tycho the build fails with the following error message:

[ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:

[ERROR]   Software being installed: org.eclipse.scout.rt.rap.feature.group 3.9.0.qualifier

[ERROR]   Cannot satisfy dependency: org.eclipse.rap.feature.feature.group 2.0.0.20130205-1849 depends on: org.eclipse.swt 0.0.0

[ERROR]   Cannot satisfy dependency: org.eclipse.scout.rt.feature.group 3.9.0.qualifier depends on: org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.swing.browser.swt.fragment 0.0.0

[ERROR]   Cannot satisfy dependency: org.eclipse.scout.rt.rap.feature.group 3.9.0.qualifier depends on: org.eclipse.rap.feature.feature.group [2.0.0,3.0.0)

[ERROR]   Cannot satisfy dependency: org.eclipse.scout.rt.rap.feature.group 3.9.0.qualifier depends on: org.eclipse.scout.rt.feature.group [3.9.0,4.0.0)

[ERROR]   Cannot satisfy dependency: org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.swing.browser.swt.fragment 3.9.0.qualifier depends on: bundle org.eclipse.swt [3.4.0,4.0.0)

My guess why this error occurs is because Tycho resolves the org.eclipse.rap.feature first and finds out that the exported package org.eclipse.swt belongs to the bundle org.eclipse.rap.rwt. When the dependency of the *swt.fragment is resolved, there might be a package name clash since the bundle org.eclipse.swt exports the same package.

However, in the *swt.fragment the bundle org.eclipse.swt is defined explicitly as a required plugin. So the package name clash should not be the reason.

I tried to remove the bundle org.eclipse.swt from the required plugins and set the package org.eclipse.swt under imported packages. In this case, I can see that the bundle org.eclipse.rap.rwt is used which is not the desired plugin.

If I set a version constraint on the imported package e.g. minimum version 3.4.0 neither org.eclipse.swt nor org.eclipse.rap.rwt is imported.

Does anyone have an idea why this dependency cannot be resolved?

Used updatesites:

RAP 2.0 RC3: http://download.eclipse.org/rt/rap/2.0/RC3-20130205-1849.kepler

Kepler: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler/

Thanks in advance,