Re: [tycho-user] How to replace eclipse.exe during product build?

You can de-select the option „this product includes native launchers” to omit the default executables, and add your own binaries via root files.

Regards

Tobias

From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Keppler Michael (ETAS/ESS1)
Sent: Montag, 4. Februar 2013 08:22
To: tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tycho-user] How to replace eclipse.exe during product build?

I’m searching for a way to replace the eclipse.exe during the Tycho product build.

The requirement behind that is not simply renaming (that works fine with the launcher specification in the product), but that the executable shall have additional PE headers (e.g. the things you see as “additional details” when opening the properties tab in Windows explorer).

I’ve tried this using root files. It was successful for adding arbitrary files to the base directory, but not for replacing the launcher executable. My next best approach is to replace the executable in the installation creation (outside tycho), but I want to avoid modifying build results during installation creation.

Any ideas?

Ciao and thanks, Michael

Back to the top