[tycho-user] Problem resolving dependencies with tycho-built RCP application

Hi all

I'm new to Tycho and Maven and trying to set up a build for our RCP application, for various platforms.
It APPEARS to have worked; I have followed Lars Vogella's tutorials and I have as a result some lovely jar files and platform specific RCP applications.

HOWEVER.
When I try to run these, some of the dependencies that are reexported from plugin to plugin are not found by the downstream plugins.  When I run with the osgi console, it does show the plugin that has the classes that are not found as being active.

When I do a comparison export via PDE, everything runs perfectly.

My MANIFEST.MF files are still using Require-Bundle and Export-Package; within the Require-Bundle are some visibility=reexport.
For example the line in the MANIFEST might look like:
my.plugin.basename;visibility=reexport

This line IS included in the output MANIFEST.MF file.

My master pom.xml file uses tycho-maven-plugin and target-platform-configuration.

Any insight would be HUGELY appreciated.
Thanks much

Tamar Cohen

Back to the top