[tycho-user] useUIHarness=false not headless

I expected that setting useUIHarness to false for Tycho-surefire, thus having the tests run by the org.eclipse.tycho.surefire.osgibooter.headlesstest application, that any test which requires a display should fail due to lack of display. I am seeing that instead all such tests pass instead. Our automated builds run on headless VMs with no X server running, and these tests that passed on the developers workstation before being committed to SVN now fail the build. How do I force that to emulate the automated build environment? I can unset the DISPLAY variable on Linux, but that doesn’t help for people running on Windows. A configuration setting in the pom.xml would be preferred rather than platform-specific solutions.

I’m aware I can just run a VNC server on the build machine instead but we don’t want to run any tests which require a display during this part of the build process.

Back to the top