Re: [tycho-user] Build a product from features

See inline.

Beuck, Torsten wrote:
> Tobias,
>
> thanks for your immediate answer.
>
> > [...]
> > So to solve this problem, you need to specify a search scope smaller
> > than "all artifacts in a Maven repository". This can for example be
> > done through POM dependencies, or via p2 repositories.
>
> Couldn't this be done using the feature definitions?

How should this work? Being from the p2 side, the feature.xml doesn't have the GAVs of the included bundles.

Tycho might be able to generate POM dependencies to the included plug-ins, but this doesn't work if one of the bundles doesn't have a real GAV.

Or am I overlooking a good option?

> > In your case, the latter is what you probably want: Build p2
> > repositories in both project A and B, and add them to the target
> > platform of project C. If you have your own Nexus for exchanging binary
> > artifacts, you probably want Tycho's nexus-unzip-plugin [2] to easily
> > reference deployed p2 repositories.
>
> I thought the nexus-unzip-plugin wasn't released yet. Is it safe enough to
> already use it? If yes I should give it a try.

We haven't completed the project setup yet, but the code has been in productive use for a couple of years now. So it should be working well. Feedback and/or contributions to the wiki are welcome.

Regards
Tobias