Re: [tycho-user] publish-product errors when using release qualifiers

Hi Tobias

This is not an exact version - AFAIK, you cannot expect a "qualifier"
in a reference to be replaced. This means that you specify a broken
dependency, and with the p2 publisher included in Tycho 0.16.0, this
is noticed and reported with the message:

"Included element example-feature.feature.group 0.1.0 is missing.
Cannot determine filter for requirement to this element."

Hmm, everywhere else I'm able to specify such references (1.0.0.qualifier), e.g. in a feature.xml, category.xml - except in product files, this doesn't work anymore. This doesn't seem reasonable for me.

I cannot specify the exact qualifier (the timestamp string) because I don't know it.

During a snapshot build, specifying "0.1.0.qualifier" in a product file works, but not in a release build. Why? What's the difference?

--
Beat Strasser

Back to the top