From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alex Kravets
Sent: Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2013 20:11
To: Tycho user list
Subject: [tycho-user] Unable to unzip product using WinZip

Hello,

Unzipping product on Linux works fine, so does unzipping using 7-zip
on Windows. However, when I try to unzip using WinZip I get errors
similar to those described here:
https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SWF-824. Of course workaround is
to copy zip file closer to root (C:) and use WinZip there.

For my particular build I saw the reason unzipping fails due to 255
characters rule on Windows, and the point where failure occurs is:

C:\Documents and
Settings\User\Desktop\iIT-1.0.0.N20130116-1805\features\com.iwaysoftware.integration.tools.product.feature_1.0.0.N20130116-1805\META-INF\maven\com.iwaysoftware.integration.tools\com.iwaysoftware.integration.tools.product.feature\pom.properties

In source of the this feature I don't have META-INF folder, but I
think this META-INF is being created when I sign plugins because I see
RSA file there. However, is the maven directory necessary there? It
looks like that's what causing path mentioned above to go over 255
characters, not that this makes any difference because user can copy
zip file even further down the folder hierarchy.

Here is my p2-repository plugin, which I think is most relevant,
please correct me if I am wrong:

<plugin>
   <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
   <artifactId>tycho-p2-repository-plugin</artifactId>
   <version>${tycho-version}</version>
   <configuration>
      <p2inf>iWayIntegrationTools.p2.inf</p2inf>
      <productConfigurationFile>iWayIntegrationTools.product</productConfigurationFile>
   </configuration>
</plugin>

Thanks for your help,
Alex