[tycho-user] Updating a feature after renaming id

Hi,

This is not a tycho specific question but instead a p2/eclipse question but I don't where to ask. Please redirect me if you think this is not appropriate.

In our Eclipse plugin we have a feature that has been replaced by another one with a different id. In order to ease migration for end users I have added the following instructions in the p2.inf of the new feature:
update.id = old.feature.id
update.range = [0.0.0,3.0.0)
update.severity = 0
update.description = Update feature with old ID.

It works fine as long as user try to update from old.feature to new feature. But in case user has already updated to new feature (in our case a release candidate of the 3.0.0 version) then they are no more allowed to update as it seems new feature 3.0.0.456 is not considered as a valid update for previous new feature 3.0.0.123.

I tried to add 2 possible updates in the p2.inf:
update.0.id = old.feature.id
update.0.range = [0.0.0,3.0.0)
update.0.severity = 0
update.0.description = Update feature with old ID.
update.1.id = new.feature.id
update.1.range = [0.0.0,$version$)
update.1.severity = 0
update.1.description = Update feature with new id.

But it doesn't work as in the resulting content.xml there is only one <update> element under the <unit id="new.feature.id">.

Do you know if it is a valid expectation to have several <update> elements under <unit>? In this case what is the way to achieve this?

Thanks

Julien

Back to the top