Re: [tycho-user] Tycho and maven-assembly-plugin

I've used both maven and ant to produce a mirror. IMHO, while it's harder to invoke Eclipse's antRunner than to simply run `mvn verify`, the script is much easier to read and maintain. (And no, you can't pass tycho-p2-extras-plugin:mirror a category.xml, but you can give it a list of IUs to include.)

Compare:

http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/requirements/m2eclipse/build.xml

vs.

http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/requirements/m2eclipse/pom.xml

And if you then have to use Ant for any post-processing steps, like to remove external references to the original update site, or regenerate the content.jar / artifacts.jar, you'll have to use maven's antRun anyway.

http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/requirements/pmd/build.xml

If you want an example of filtering by IU, here's a script that includes an explicit list of features, rather than mirroring everything:

http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/requirements/mylyn/build.xml

$0.02,

Nick