Re: [tycho-user] Plug-in tests

On 12/10/2012 06:18 PM, Rizzo, Eric wrote:
IF Tycho does't support running tests on an RCP application or product, what's with the <application> and/or <product> elements of the tycho-surefire-plugin? I've tried specifying either one of them in my plugin test pom (our test suite launch config specifies the application ID), but neither works. I end up with the same problem, though manifested in slightly different ways depending on whether I specify <application> or <product>: our service that is declared via Equinox DS isn't being initialized properly thus causing other parts of our plugins to fail.

It can run tests on a specific application or product in the Eclipse meaning. You can't run tests on a fully-packaged application.
When surefire runs, it asks the target-platform to start the following product/application, that needs to be available in target-platform or in surefire dependencies or test dependencies.

HTH
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat