[tycho-user] How to pack200 ?

Hi all,

I see Tycho has had supports for pack200 stuff for awhile.
I'd like to use it in order to reduce the time to fetch artifacts from a p2 repository built with Tycho.

I had a look at integration tests and there are a few things I'd like to understand before just copy-pasting stuff.
* Is there any documentation already available?
If not, (For the following ones, it could be better if you can set up a documentation on a wiki page -if not already existing- with such answers and send a link as reply)
* Why are there 2 pack200 plugins? What are their responsibilities?
* Is the process of pack200'ing content of an eclipse-repository always to use pack200a:normalize and then pack200b:pack?
* Do this plugin apply to an eclipse-repository directly ? If yes, it the tycho-p2-plugin:p2-metadata necessary ?
* Can it apply to an old eclipse-update-site ?

And in any case
* Are there plans to merge those 2 pack200a and pack200b plugins? IMO it would be an interesting usability improvement. I can imagine that those plugins are separated to make it easier to push signing between both executions. In that case, would it be possible to unify both into a pack200 plugin, and to create a pack200b that would simply be an "alias" to pack200 mojos?

Thanks in advance.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat