Re: [tycho-user] What is the latest on "Access restriction" compilation errors

On 11/27/2012 09:23 PM, Rizzo, Eric wrote:
I've tried searching and reading about other similar problems, but quickly got lost in the weeds of bug reports and discussions about OSGi. I found a reference to a blog post about creating an OSGi Extension Bundle (http://blog.meschberger.ch/2008/10/osgi-bundles-require-classes-from.html) but honestly that seems like a big pain just to get Tycho to compile against a class I know exists in JRE 1.6.
Extensions Bundle are the only good way to go with clean OSGi.
It may seem to be a big pain, but it's not. It's just a matter of putting to fragment on system-bundle and use Export-Package. Just a Tycho "eclipse-plugin" with a MANIFEST.MF.
Moreover your software does not run against Java, it runs against a com.sun.* JRE. It is possible that it fails in other environment or in future releases of JREs (IBM JDK's, JRockit, IcedTea...). So you should consider remocing this dependency to internal JVM packages.

HTH
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat